Major aims of the course are:
- to understand international organizations and the international environment they operate in;
- to make students explore and understand the international element attached to business functions today;
- and to enhance participants cognitive and intellectual skills and support further personal development.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction & Foundation;
- International Business Environment;
- International Business Theories;
- Firms and Internationalization;
- International Business Operations.
Major learning outcomes are:
- to introduce students to the international business environment;
- to develop an understanding of key types of international business activities as well as cooperative and non-cooperative forms of involvement;
- to understand key actors in international business, particularly focusing on MNCs and international SMEs;
- to introduce students to key theories of international trade and theories of Foreign Direct Investment;
- to begin to develop understanding of business functions in international contexts;
- to provide a foundation for more advanced comparative business studies.